24 June, 2006

"Pre Classic" rainy Oregon day

Sunday was the "Pre Classic", one of the premiere professional track meets in the country. I had an extra ticket, so I invited Drew to watch the meet on the University of Oregon campus, about 6 blocks from his Dad's house. We were on our way out, and it looked as though it was going to rain. Luckily, there was an umbrella or two in the house, so we took those and walked over to the campus.

It was pouring the whole way. We eventually got to the will call booth, and I reached into my purse for my wallet. Unfortunately, it was not there....it was still at the house. Cursing at myself for being so silly, we turned around and walked back to the house. IT was raining even harder at this point. We went back to the house, found my wallet, and somehow still decided that it was worthwhile to go back to the meet. It was still raining.

By the time we got to the meet, about 30 minutes of it was over, and our feet were soaked. But we found our seats under the grandstand awning, and watched the rest of it out of the sun...that had decided to shine for the rest of the day. =)

No comments: