24 December, 2006

Friendship: The greatest gift of all!

During Thanksgiving weekend, 2006, 25 November 2006, I went out to lunch with my friends John, Alice, Steve, and Cecilia. I showed off my awesome back brace, and told them the story of my surgery and such. They then presented me with a present that 30 of my friends put together for me. It was a check from the Amy G fund.
http://www.johnchou.com/amyg/
I had no idea that this was going on behind my back (haha, pun!), but it was happening. It was all my friend's Conor's idea, and he and John were able to spread the word. And within a few weeks, my fund was huge! When I was presented the check, I was speechless. I actually thought that they were going to give me a palm, because the last time my friends got a gift for me, it was a palm, and since my palm had recently broke, I thought that it was a palm. But I was not exactly disappointed. I was blown away. First, I didn't realize that I even had 30 friends. =) Second, I couldn't imagine anyone putting together something like this, and doing something like this for me. I never ever expect anything in return for my friendship, and knowing that so many people cared about me was amazing. I couldn't believe it. I still can't believe it. I feel very loved, and very grateful. I am grateful everyday that I can walk and that I am recovering smoothly from my surgery. I feel grateful that I have so many people looking out for me. It's amazing!!
The money has helped me pay for my medical expenses, which were quite amazing. I am worth a lot right now according to the insurance company. =) It also went towards buying a smartphone, which is kind of like a Palm =) So yeah, it is amazing. I still can't thank my friends enough for their generosity.
So one of things that I decided to do was to visit each and every one of my friends, especially the 30 friends that contributed to the fund, as much as I can this year. The plan is to travel to as many destinations as possible, and to spend some quality time with all my friends. The plan is to write about each of those places, and the experience that I am able to have with my friends. So this blog will actually be updated more than once a year =).
Once again, to everyone who contributed to the Amy G fund, and to all my friends out there rooting for me, thanks so much for everything. I love you very much, and I will see you very very soon!
With Love,
Amy =)

No comments: