29 March, 2007

Visiting So Cal and the OC - Day 1

I was in Southern California from 12 February to 15 February 2007. I was there to attend the Medical Device and Manufacturing Trade Show at the Anaheim Convention Center. The show itself was interesting in that I was able to see a lot of medical device companies showing off their newest and greatest innovations of the year. There were also a lot of plastics manufacturers around, so I got to see some stuff that I got to see at NPE 2006 last year in Chicago.

My first night Southern California, I crashed at Annie and Sean's apartment. I arrived at 11:30pm on a Monday night...I am a horrible houseguest for coming in that late. But Annie woke up for me, and we chatted for a little while before we all realized that we had to go to sleep.

Tuesday night, Roy and Daniel took me out to some So Cal institutions that I really miss. Roy was kind enough to pick me up from my hotel which was right next to the convention center, and went to South Pas to pick up Daniel. We then drove to K-town, which is near downtown LA I believe. Roy took us to a Korean bbq place, but it wasn't like the meat + lettuce = yummy place. They had a dipping sauce with the meat instead, but nonetheless, it was all yummy!

Next we headed to Westwood, home of UCLA. Along the way we debated how a UCLA student would be instantaneously mugged if he or she showed up to USC with a UCLA sweatshirt; but if a USC student were to wear USC gear in Westwood, nothing would happen to him or her. Here, we went to a fro yo place called Pinkberry that is "in" in LA right now, and Diddy Riese. For $1.50, we had freshly baked cookies sandwiching a hunk of ice cream. One of a few things I actually miss about LA. And of course, there was a dude wearing a USC jacket, and nothing happened to him.

So 24 hours in LA, and I had Korean bbq, Diddy Rieses, and got to see 4 out of 30 friends. Not too shabby =)

No comments: