29 March, 2007

Visiting So Cal and the OC - Day 3

Day 3 at the convention was more or less boring. I'd been there, done that, seen that, talked to him, talked to her, and gotten their free pens. It was time to get outta there!

I met Paul at his work and we went to South Coast Plaza and ate at Ruby's Diner for lunch. Another reason I don't really like LA is because it is so sprawled. South Coast plaza is on either side of a major 8 lane boulevard. It has a lot of stores and department stores, and stores for department stores. I am sure it is a fabulous place to get stuff, but I prefer shopping in downtown areas, not malls. Lunch with Paul was good, and that meant that I had seen 5 out of my 30 friends during this trip. Not too shabby I think.

Then it was on to John Wayne Aiport to SFO to PDX. While in SFO, I had coffee with my parents who were nice enough to meet me at the airport.

So that was my trip to So Cal. It would be the beginning of a hectic few months of traveling, but it's nice when Nike picks up the tab for this one =)

No comments: